What is Mercury Poisoning? | National Geographic

Also known as quicksilver, mercury (Hg) was once thought to heal broken bones and prolong life. Today, this chemical element is known to be a dangerous neurotoxin. Mercury poses a range of serious health risks including kidney damage, memory loss, and even death. From burning fossil fuels to eating contaminated swordfish and tuna, learn about the causes of mercury poisoning and how regulating use could prevent future risk.
➡ Subscribe: http://bit.ly/NatGeoSubscribe

About National Geographic:
National Geographic is the world's premium destination for science, exploration, and adventure. Through their world-class scientists, photographers, journalists, and filmmakers, Nat Geo gets you closer to the stories that matter and past the edge of what's possible.

Get More National Geographic:
Official Site: http://bit.ly/NatGeoOfficialSite
Facebook: http://bit.ly/FBNatGeo
Twitter: http://bit.ly/NatGeoTwitter
Instagram: http://bit.ly/NatGeoInsta

What is Mercury Poisoning? | National Geographic https://youtu.be/KqNwAOTquwY

National Geographic
https://www.youtube.com/natgeo


Source: National Geographic, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqNwAOTquwY
Recommended posts powered by Google